1.When the Eco-Drive watch stops, what should be done to restore it?
2.The second hand jumps in 2-second intervals. Why?
3.The second hand moves at irregular set of intervals, such as 1- second, 1- second, and 2-second in turn. What does this mean? (Irregular Two Second Interval Movement)
4.Sometimes, the second hand has been seen running very quickly, then come back to normal operation. Why?
5.Can Eco-Drive watches be recharged under fluorescent lamps?
6.Does recharging time vary in respective seasons?
7.What are the life spans of solar cells and secondary batteries?
8.It is said there is no need of battery exchange for Eco-Drive watches. Does this mean Eco-Drive watches are completely maintenance free?
9.What does Power Saving Function mean?
10.Is it true that there will be no scratch for Duratect material despite you hit it hard?
11.Does Duratect material peel or become cloudy?
12.If Duratect material is "Hard", does it mean it is not easy to be broken?
13.Some tips on maintenance of Duratect.
14.What kind of product Duratect is used for?
- 1. When the Eco-Drive watch stops, what should be done to restore it?
- Firstly expose the Eco-Drive watch to the light. Eco-Drive watches with quick start feature will start running in about 10 seconds. After confirming this movement, adjust the time.
- 2. The second hand jumps in 2-second intervals. Why?
- This means the battery is yet to be charged enough (Insufficient Charging Warning Feature). After having the battery fully charged, it will be back to the normal operation.
- 3. The second hand moves at irregular set of intervals, such as 1- second, 1- second, and 2-second in turn. What does this mean? (Irregular Two Second Interval Movement)
- In this case, the watch tells you that the time shown is incorrect because the watch stopped once and started again (Time Setting Warning Feature). After recharging and adjusting your watch it will be back to normal operation.
- 4. Sometimes, the second hand has been seen running very quickly, then come back to normal operation. Why?
- This can happen when you produce the Eco-Drive watch with Power Saving Feature from the drawer, or look at the watch which has been under your sleeve. Under those circumstances, such as being left in the dark, the watch goes in Power Saving Feature, and stops its hand in order to save energy. Once light gets on the watch, the watch catches up with the current time by moving the hands very quickly according to the information having been kept inside the watch.
- 5. Can Eco-Drive watches be recharged under fluorescent lamps?
- Yes. As long as the dial gets light in daily life, it rarely stops.
- 6. Does recharging time vary in respective seasons?
- Yes. It varies according to the illuminance from the source of light. That is, in winter the required time for recharging is longer than summer, because the illuminance of the sun is weak compare with the one in summer. Especially in winter, watches tend to be kept under sleeves of overcoats or thick jackets, that could cause the shortage of light energy to run watches. We recommend you expose your Eco-Drive watch to the sunlight from time to time.
- 7. What are the life spans of solar cells and secondary batteries?
- According to the experimental data, both will last more than 10 years. It is also considered to loose up to around 20 % of their initial capacities in 20 years, however, we speculate, that won't cause trouble for the use of the watch.
- 8. It is said there is no need of battery exchange for Eco-Drive watches. Does this mean Eco-Drive watches are completely maintenance free?
- As of the water resistant models, in order to maintain the water resistant quality, we recommend you replace the gaskets in regular intervals. Gaskets are aging and deteriorating while being used or just being kept in drawers as such. The gears in watches are also abrading little by little, so the maintenance in regular intervals at the qualified watchmakers or authorized service centers is recommended in order to extend the life of your watch.
- 9. What does Power Saving Function mean?
- When the solar cells stop generating electricity resulting from the lack of light energy, the watch stops its second hand at the position of 12 o'clock in order to avoid loosing energy. There are models which stop both the minute and second hands. (Power Save 1 mode) With getting light on the dial, the watch will come back to the normal operation.
If the above condition continues for 3 days, the watch stops the calendar as well as the second and minute hands to minimize the energy loss. (Power Save 2 mode) With getting light on the dial, the watch will come back to the normal operation. Please see the instruction manual on this function, because it varies in respective models. When you don't use your Eco-Drive watch for a long time, you could stop all the hands and calendar manually.(Manual Power Save mode) In this mode, the watch doesn't come back to the normal operation even when the dial gets light.
* In all the Power Save modes, the watch keeps the time inside.
* The functions vary in respective models. For further information, please see your instruction booklet.
- 10. Is it true that there will be no scratch for Duratect material despite you hit it hard?
- No. There will be scratches if you hit it with a hard sharp object or purposely put a strong pressure. It is scratch-resistant for daily use. We hope you will treat it with care as it is your precious watch after all.
- 11. Does Duratect material peel or become cloudy?
- As it has a hard layer from the surface of the material towards the inner side, it does not peel as like coating does. It will continue to have a brand new shine as it is resistant to scratches that cause a blur appearance.
- 12. If Duratect material is "Hard", does it mean it is not easy to be broken?
- The surface hardness is 3 to 4 times higher than that of ordinary stainless steel. Although the surface is so hard, the inside retains the hardness of ordinary stainless steel, thus it is not easily broken. Also by retaining its basic characteristics, we can easily process it to explore many different designs.
- 13. Some tips on maintenance of Duratect.
- Wipe it with a soft cloth to remove sweat or dirt after use as for the ordinary watch.
- 14. What kind of product Duratect is used for?
- Presently, it is used in the category of Campanola & xC. We will extend its use to various categories. Check and confirm an indication of Duratect when you buy the watch.